An integral piece of Monterey Bay Village is volunteerism. Our diverse group of volunteers is available to fulfill a request when appropriate before referrals are made to a commercial service provider. Volunteers may include village members, their children, college students, empty nesters, retirees, and many others from our community.
Benefits a volunteer may experience:
- Staying active – physically, mentally and socially
- Connecting with others and feeling part of our community
- Sharing talents, skills and putting capacities to good use
- Paying it forward – knowing that someday each of us will also need support
Monterey Bay Village volunteer opportunities include supporting members with daily living needs:
- Home maintenance/Handyperson
- Computer assistance
- Brief Absence Services
- Light Housework
- Friendly visits/Phone check-ins
- Pet care
Supporting Monterey Bay Village:
- Hosting a living room chat
- Village ambassador: Spreading the word about Monterey Bay Village
To maintain the quality and integrity of our services, all volunteers are screened through
background checks, reference checks, and personal interviews.
If you are interested in volunteering with Monterey Bay Village, please submit an inquiry here.